If you are really looking forward to see vibrant colors in the stark desert of Rajasthan, backpack your stuff and head down to explore the blue city of Jodhpur. The legends say that Brahmins first started painting their houses blue to show their high position among the society. Sooner, it was followed by everyone else, which created this incredible contrast to this dusty desert town.
Jodhpur is a prominent city on a tourist map. It is common to see the attractions of Jodhpur. But we thought to do it bit differently. When the first ray of Sun falls on the blue city, we took our camera and went on to discover the streets of Jodhpur to capture the life of its people and their everyday rituals.
- An old man enjoying the morning sun while reading newspaper.
- Lady in red walking through the streets carrying pot filled with water on her head
- Birds in the morning
- Girls on their way to school
- A common feature in Indian houses- Clothesline in Balcony. A lady busy in hanging wet laundry
- An old woman with her stick trying to grasp little sun
- Panoramic view of the blue city
- Indigo Aura in the streets
- Alleyways in the old city
- Pilgrims at Mehrangarh Fort dressed in bright colors