IRCTC (Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation) has introduced and new feature for booking tickets called “Buy Now Pay Later”. You can now buy your railway tickets via IRCTC website and pay later, which could reduce the hassle of going through the payment process at the time of booking.
In accord to this new facility to book tickets under Tatkal quota through official site of IRCTC, passengers can now pay later for the tickets that are booked under the Tatkal scheme. For passengers travelling under Tatkal quota, earlier they need to pay first using standard online payment gateways and then portal confirms the ticket. To get tickets under this quota, IRCTC users are able to pay using debit card, credit card or cash and get delivery of their tickets at their doorstep. As per the information, IRCTC processes about 130,000 tatkal transactions on daily basis and most of the tickets get booked within few minutes of the quota and as soon as the counter opens.
This new feature annuls the transaction failures as well as in many cases, money gets debited and ticket is also not get issued due to many reasons behind and the refund cycle is also in between 7 to 15 days of time. In accord to the experts, pay on delivery feature prevents the use of a payment gateway and assist users to do the bookings in a few seconds of time and raises the chances of getting confirmed tickets under tatkal quota. The step by step methodology to avail IRCTC services and avail this scheme are been mentioned in below.
- To make use of this service, customers need to visit the IRCTC website and register at irctc.payondelivery.co.in.
- Customers can also access the same on mobile and needs to download ‘Book My Train on Mobile’ for iOS and Google platforms.
- Once the website gets opened, select Pay-on-delivery payment option.
- Choose the delivery address.
- As soon as the ticket gets booked, digital delivery will happen instantly through SMS or e-mail.
Now the travelers can buy railway tickets through IRCTC platform and pay later that will lower down the hassle of going all through the payment process at the booking time. It is going to render simplest checkout experience to people and using the same, you can pay the amount within just a single click. So, avail the facility, make sure to enjoy the checkout experience that this feature is been providing and no longer you have to struggle about the delivery of your ticket as the payment is not been done. The 14 day period is totally interest free so make sure to do the payment on time and travel safely.
For tatkal tickets, IRCTC users will be able to pay via cash, debit card or credit card by opting to have tickets delivered at their doorstep. IRCTC processes 130,000 Tatkal transactions daily. A majority of these tickets are booked within minutes of the quota opening.
The new feature eliminates the transaction failures as often the money gets debited and the ticket is not issued due to multiple reasons. The refund cycle is about seven to 15 days.
The pay on delivery feature completely circumvents the use of a payment gateway and will help users make the bookings in just a few seconds greatly increasing their chance of booking a confirmed ticket under the tatkal quota, experts says.
Steps to avail the IRCTC service
- To avail the service customers need to visit the website and register at http://irctc.payondelivery.co.in
- Customers can download ‘BookMyTrain on Mobile’ available for Google, ios platforms
- On the website, choose Pay-on-Delivery payment option
- Following this, select Delivery Address
- The digital delivery happens instantly via SMS /email
Enjoy booking Tatkal Tickets hassle free 🙂